The Comline® DOC Skimmer 9004 DC is designed for use in seawater up to 250 liters (66 US gal.). It operates according to the TUNZE® flash skimming principle and acquires the water through an efficient surface suction with a surface film removal, and can therefore also be used as a "stand-alone" solution in the aquarium. The TUNZE® Foamer generates large volumes of fine air bubbles with a diameter of between .1 and .3 mm (.004 - .012 in.) and is especially quiet during operation.
The Comline® DOC Skimmer with a magnet holder for glass up to a thickness of 12 mm (1/2”) is supplied installation-ready.
- Surface intake with bacteria film removal.
- Skimmer cup, 0.2L (.05 USgal.) volume, also accommodates the foam reactor, easy to remove.
- Attachment with a patented magnet holder for a glass thickness of up to 12mm (3/8").
- Intermediate chamber with patented anti-overfoaming system.
- TUNZE® Foamer 9004.040, high air output and low energy consumption.
- Bubble-free outgoing water.
- New “Comline® Design”: comfortable use, elegant and unobtrusive in the aquarium.
- Air flow regulation and silencer for an exceptionally quiet operation.
- The “Flash skimming” principle enables highly efficient foam production.
Organic-rich surface water is mixed thoroughly with small air bubbles in the TUNZE® Foamer. On the surface of the air bubbles, pollutants such as protein, cellulose, dead cells, etc. are adsorbed immediately, the air bubbles are very fine, with a diameter between 0.1 and .3mm. The water/air mixture expands and stabilizes in the skimmer cup reactor, the water returns to the aquarium, and the protein-loaded air bubbles spill over into the skimmer cup. The patented anti-overfoaming system intermediate chamber prevents the skimmer from verfoaming and controls the skimmer performance, depending on the water level and organic load.
The particularly high efficiency of the “flash skimming” principle, compared to large skimmers with long contact time, is obtained because the substances adsorbed by the air bubbles are not released again, thus they don‘t return to the aquarium water.
DOC Skimmer 9004 DC
Recommended, depending on tank load, from 60 to
300 liters (15 to 79 USgal.) of sea water.
Immersion depth: approx. 225 to 245 mm
(8.9 to 9.7 in.)
Skimmer cup volume: 0.2 liters (.05 USgal.)
Air capacity: approx. 200 l/h (52.8 USgal./h), Energy consumption: approx. 5 W (max. 10 W)
Power supply unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
Cable length: 3 m (118.1 in.) up to the
Dimensions (L x W x H): 110 x 90 x 305 mm
(4.3 x 3.5 x 12 in.)
Magnet Holder up to a glass thickness of 12 mm (1/2").