With EHEIM biopower you have a high performance internal filter that has never before existed.
For aquariums 80 - 160 L.
Adjustable flow rate: 180 - 550 LPH.
Media capacity: 380 cubic cm.
- 96mm diameter x 215mm high.
It has got its all-round rotatable pumphead, its modular construction and further features from the aquaball concept.
The special thing about biopower is that it offers multi-layer filtration just like an external filter. The closed filter baskets are filled with highly efficient filter medial (e.g. SUBSTRATpro). The inlet basket with filter cartridge for the mechanical-biological prefiltration is located at the bottom. The water sucked in at the bottom is pumped to the top through the various filter layers and after filtration directed back into the tank.
Benefits of EHEIM biopower
- Multi-layer filtration just like an external filter
- Modular construction with closed filter baskets, filled with EHEIM SUBSTRATpro; inlet basket with filter cartridge (Other filter media can also be used)
- Pumphead holder at the top with filter pad and cover grill
- All-round adjustable pumphead to direct the outflow as required
- Fitted with power-diffusor for strong oxygen enrichment and a wide jet nozzle for natural surface water movement
- Easy removal and repositioning of filter baskets with Easy-Klick locking system
- Suitable for aquariums with light to moderate stocking (Fish > 5 cm); for fresh or marine water
- Complete with original EHEIM Filter media and ready for use
The aquaball concept with external filter technology
External filter technology and multi-layer filtration – that means: the water at the bottom is pumped to the top through the various filter layers and after filtration directed back into the tank.
the closed filter baskets come pre-filled with EHEIM SUBSTRATpro. Other filter media can also be used.
The inlet basket contains a filter cartridge for the mechanical-biological prefiltration. In the pumphead holder a filter pad provides additional filtration.
By adding or removing filter modules (filter baskets) you can adjust the filter volume as necessary.
- For extending the filter use ExtensionSET2
- The filter baskets can be easily clipped together and released (Easy-Klick Locking System)
- Due to the modular construction the filter cartridges or media can be cleaned at different intervals thus preserving bacteria cultures.
The ball shaped pumphead sits in a ball socket and can be turned right round. Thus the outflow of the filtered water can be aimed in any direction.
The pump output and throughflow can be set by the control knob on the outflow nozzle.
The power-diffusor is adjusted to regulate the air intake and thus the oxygen enrichment in the aquarium.
(Instead of the diffusor, other extension pieces can be used; see accessories)
The holder for biopower is simply fixed to the glass with suction cups. For cleaning, exchanging modules or filling with filter media, the filter is simply removed from its holder.