Get complete control over your EcoTech VorTech pumps and Radion LED – and the possibilities are endless!
EcoTech VorTech pumps are one of the most widely used, and loved, pieces of aquarium gear on the market today. As great as they are though, sometimes you just want to get a bit more control over them. With this module, your Apex will become the taskmaster telling your pumps exactly what to do based on time of day, feed mode, power outage mode, and just about any other thing you can can come up with.
Add to that the ability to also control your EcoTech Radion LED lights and now you really have control.
Supports up to 11 VorTech pumps or Radion LED simultaneously!
Complete wireless control of up to 11 individual wireless VorTech pumps or Radion LED. You can even mix and match control across multiple tanks. Imagine having complete control over the MP40s and Radions in your 210 gallon display tank, while at the same time controlling the MP10 you have in the frag tank right next to it.
Supports all the built-in VorTech pump modes
Turn on whatever pump mode you like, at will or at any time of the day. An example programming might be: Tidal Swell in the morning, followed by a strong Nutrient Transport Mode for a couple of hours to stir up detritus, followed by Random Reef Crest for a few hours, then at night when the lights go out, put it in a calm Lagoonal Mode until the next morning where it starts all over again!
Apex + VorTechs = Insane Feed Mode!
It’s super easy to set up a feed mode in the Apex that shuts off the return pump and skimmer, and then puts the Vortech in Nutrient Transport Mode for 30 minutes. Now you feed the fish and the food goes everywhere but in the sump! After 30 minutes, the VorTechs go back to their normal program, the return pump goes back on, then the skimmer waits five minutes more before coming on so you don’t have to worry about overflowing your skimmer. How’s that for automation?
Show off the wave action with a touch of your mobile device
Sometimes it seems we all put far too much money into our aquarium systems and so it stands to reason that there are times we just want to show it all off! With the Apex and the VorTechs together you can show off some serious wave action with a simple touch of your iPad or Android device…from clear across the room!
Features of the Vortech Wireless Expansion Module:
- Wirelessly controls any of EcoTech’s wireless pumps (WWD or EcoSmart) as well as all Radion LED models.
- Independent channels to support any combination of pumps and lights up to 11 total.
- Supports Ecotech’s Constant, Reef Crest, Lagoon Random, Pulse, Sync and Anti-Sync modes.
- Modes of operation can be changed through the day.
- Sunrise, Sunset, Moonlight in sync with actual moon phases, lightning and clouds.
- Plug and Play. Automatically recognized when installed into the system.
- Pumps can be dynamically added/removed from the system.
- Two AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion via AquaBus
- Comes with 3′ AquaBus cable.
- Fully upgradeable. WXM firmware and pump firmware can be updated for feature enhancement.
- LED Status indicator and wireless status indicator
- Compatible with all Apex Systems