With the EHEIM JÄGER precision heater your fish receive exactly the right temperature – in any aquarium.
Obvious ideas often are the best ones. For example, the aquarium heater as a rod. The heating rod is simply hung in the water and heats it. It is true that the principle is still the same as decades ago. But a lot has changed in the meantime. And today the EHEIM adjustable heater is an ultra-modern electronic thermal device with the best available technology. A jacket made from special laboratory glass increases the heating surface, serves as a heat shield and ensures optimum even heat emission. And no matter if you want to heat a 20 or a 1000 litre aquarium – you have 7 sizes to choose from.
Benefits of the EHEIM JÄGER thermostatic heaters
- Precise temperature adjustment from 18 up to 34 °C
- Simple and safe recalibration (±2 °C)
- Temperature control accuracy ± 0,5 °C
- Heat kept at a constant level
- Heating function is indicated by a control lamp
- Completely submersible (watertight)
- With automatic dry run shut-off (Thermo Safety Control)
- A glass jacket increases the heating surface and ensures optimum even heat emission
- Handy cable length ca. 170 cm
- Including double suction cup holder
- 9 sizes for aquariums from 20 up to 1000 litres
- Suitable for fresh and salt water
- Check device for damage.
- Remove transit protection.
- Fix suction cups to double suction cup holder and clip onto heater (not near the heating spiral).
- Mount thermostatic heater with double suction cup holder vertically in the aquarium, fixing it in a place where water flow is brisk (filter outlets/vents).
- Set temperature.
- Plug into electrical outlet.
- Turn the temperature selector ring to the desired temperature.
- Monitor the aquarium water temperature using an accurate thermometer for at least 24 hours and make any necessary adjustments to compensate for calibration errors.
- You should periodically monitor your aquarium water temperature with an accurate thermometer (Red light = heater in operation).
Note: The temperature selector ring should only be used as a guide. Always use an accurate thermometer for water temperature measurement.
If, after a day or two in operation the setting scale does not correspond to the water temperature, refer to the following procedure to recalibrate the heater:
- Switch off the heater and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Measure the water temperature with an accurate thermometer.
- Turn indicator arrow (red) point to the measured temperature.
- Set the desired tank temperature with the temperature selector ring (blue).