Quickly and easily connected to most canister filter setups, the UVC In-Line Clarifier eliminates suspended bacteria and algae for a clear and healthy aquarium.
- A chemical-free and maintenance-free way to purify water
- Eradicates suspended bacteria and algae in the water column that contribute to cloudy and green water, respectively
- Helps prevent the growth of cyanobacteria that often smothers and destroys aquatic plants
- Does not harm beneficial, surface-dwelling bacteria
- Condensed design redirects water flow up, down and around the bulb to maximize contact time for effective clarification
- CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light) technology runs cooler than traditional UVC bulbs to last up to 30,000 hours (3X longer)
- Easily fits within aquarium cabinetry without cluttering existing filtration setup
- Quickly connects in-line to all canister filter hosing with an internal diameter of 5/8” (or 16mm), including all Fluval 07 and 06 Series filters
- Multi-directional – works in either direction so there is no need to move existing filter setup
- Energy-efficient – up to 80% less expensive to operate than competitive clarifiers
- 4–24 hour timer included for optional intermittent use
- Hose connector and mounting hardware included – no additional parts required
- For use in freshwater, saltwater and even turtle aquariums where algae is often present
Frequently asked questions:
Does the UVC clarifier need to be mounted with the mounting screws or can it hang in-line with the hosing?
We strongly recommend mounting the UVC clarifier with the two mounting screws provided. The unit should be mounted vertically, with the hose connections at the top and the mounting screws at the bottom.
What size hosing does the UVC clarifier accept?
The UVC clarifier connects in-line to all canister filter hosing with an internal diameter of 5/8″ (or 16 mm), such as the Fluval 07 series.
How long should I run the UVC clarifier for?
We recommend first running the UVC clarifier intermittently, for 4 hours a day. If the desired effects are not achieved, gradually increase the amount of time the unit runs each day until they are.
How will the UVC clarifier work following a power interruption?
The UVC clarifier will revert to the same operating time that was initially selected once it is reconnected to a power source. For example, if the timer was set to operate for 4 hours a day, it will continue to operate for 4 hours from the moment power is re-established. As the timer does not keep track of the time of day, if you want the UVC unit to run for 4 hours a day as of 8 am, for example, the unit should be connected to a power source at 8 am.